The Patent Agents Association – India (“PAAI”) is the first and the largest (Not-For-Profit) organization representing Indian Patent Agents. The principal object of the PAAi is to protect the interest all stakeholders (e.g, innovators, Patent Agents, and entrepreneurs) by advocating for reshaping public policy for healthy IP (particularly Patents) ecosystem in India. Its activities span across full range of policy areas that impact Patents system, startups, entrepreneurship, and innovations. Its objectives and missions are:
- To form a united and representative body of Patent Agents in India.
- To protect the interest of registered Indian Patent Agents in India and outside India.
- To promote the status of Patent Agents and to maintain a high standard of rectitude, professional conduct and knowledge in India and outside India.
- To arrange social and recreational activities to promote knowledge of intellectual property law (particularly patents) in the Indian region.
- To assist in the institution and introduction of practice, procedure, training and legislation in relation to patents in India.
- To form and establish By-Laws, Directives and a Code of Conduct pertaining to the profession of Patent Agents in India.
- To promote education and training of Patent Agents and other patent professionals in India.
- To work with the IPO India and industry to provide education and training to industry in India regarding the patent system and the benefits of using the patent system.
- To engage in activities and reciprocal co-operation with other associations, national and international.
- To establish intercommunication, discussions and interchange of ideas for matters connected with patents between members and to assist in the acquisition and dissemination of knowledge relating to patents for its members.
- To foster ties of mutual friendship and understanding amongst those engaged in patent work.
- To assist aspiring professionals to pass the qualifying examinations (defined u/s 126 of The Patents Act, 1970) for becoming Patent Agents.
- To assist in all the manners to innovators/inventors/researchers/scientists.
- To assist in all the manners to entrepreneurs and students.
- To promote use of Hindi and other Indian languages in the patent practice at IPO India as well as at WIPO Geneva.
- To raise and obtain moneys by subscriptions, fees or otherwise for expenditure in accomplishing or furthering the objects of PAAI and to expend such moneys when raised in accomplishing such objects.