Initiatives, Achievements and Success Stories
- Introduction of KID’s NOOK section for educating kids about innovation and patents.
- Partial introduction of file history features to access all files related to a patent application.
- Introduction to include IPR courses in the curriculum and guidelines to establish IPR cell in all technical institutions across country.
- National Productivity Council had recently advertised to recruit Patent Examiners on contract.
- DIPP has included our recommendation (of 2015) to start electronic/tv/print media advertisement of patents/ipr in the National IPR Policy, 2016. An institution under Startup India Standup India program (2016) for assisting inventors to file/prosecute patents.
- Introduction of schemes for MSME in the new National IPR Policy draft such as tax benefits to patent owners under Startup India Standup India program (2016). Scheme to relax eligibility for startups (to take part into Government tenders) under Startup India Standup India program (2016).
- Introduction of (partial) platform independent efiling system and implementation of third party payment system to enable the applicant/agent to use all kind of payment facilities including debit card.
- Filed petition to appeal a judgement of Madras High Court on sec-126 of the Patents Act, 1970 in co-ordination with India Patent Office.
Started “Patent Assistance for Resident Indian & Startups” program for facilitating independent inventors and startup to avail low cost patent services.
Started “IP Essentials” program to educate public about IPR with objective of IP capacity building in India.